Sunday, June 13, 2010

At least the flight went well..

Noah had an amazing day yesterday - he woke up early, ate late, yet barely fussed at all the entire trip.

Today, however, has been a completely different day. In the past two weeks, Noah cut his first tooth with very little fussing. We're not sure if he's cutting more or if it's just worse, but combine teething with my parents warm house, he has not had a good day. He slept fantastically in his tent last night (the rating is going up) from 7 pm until 5:30 this morning. Hey, it's better than 5! I fed him and we played for a few minutes until he started closing his eyes again, letting us all go back for a good hour or so nap. I thought "hey, this is going to be a great day" getting to stay in bed until 7:30. I didn't think about how drastically different that first nap was in comparison to his regular schedule.

My parents being S. Florida natives, get "cold" when there house is 78 degrees. Us Northerners like our house around 74. And everything I've read says babies are comfortable in even cooler houses because they can't regulate their body temperatures and it's much easier to cover them up than strip them down. Of course, I'm not sure when their babies aquire that skill, but I know I read that at some point in time. Our poor baby has been warm to the touch all day, but had a fairly normal temperature. I checked 3 times. 99, 100.1, 98.2. Nothing to be concerned, just to be cautious. But then I remembered that when babies are teething, they tend to be warm. *Lightbulb* Baby Orajel! That magic helped Noah actually enjoy about an hour of his day.

Our other trick was extreme distraction: Noah's first trip in the pool! We bought a pool floaty with a shade cover for him and, while I can't say he loved it, he played peacefully and took in the warm water like a pro. After maybe 20-30 minutes, we gave up, brought him in for a bath, and put him down for 1 of his 3 naps. He also went to sleep at 6:30 tonight, about 30 minutes earlier than normal. This could be a VERY rough night for Adam and me, but hopefully expecting it will make it easier?

Tomorrow is our last day before DISNEY!! I sure hope he feels better - this could make the 3+ hour drive up to Kissimmee seem much longer. I'm hopeful that he'll be so distracted by the madness and wonder that is Disney World that he'll forget about feeling poopy while we're in the parks, but we'll see.

Heck, we really may become experts at doing Disney with experts after all!

Hopefully tomorrow will go so smoothly I won't have anything to share.
Yup, forever the optimist.


No comments:

Post a Comment