Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Quick Trip Recap!

After a full week of being in Orlando followed by a weekend in New York City, I am pooped!  Luckily, I wrote down a lot of ideas on the trip to fill everyone in on our trips.

I’ll start of by saying that pretty much nothing went as planned.  I believe I may have over-planned.  We flew down with 4 ADR’s and plans to do 3 Disney days and 1 day at Universal’s Islands of Adventure.   My parents planned to drive up from South Florida to spend a few days with us (and watch Noah during the race), which worked out perfectly.  They arrived in plenty of time for dinner (taco night!) and to see Noah before he went to bed. 

Friday was Noah’s big day – WDW’s Kid’s Fest, where Noah “ran” in his first race – a 100 meter dash!  It was absolutely adorable.  Also, we met up with a friend of mine from college, Crazy Aunt Ruth!  After Noah ran his race, we headed to a resort for lunch.  The first one we saw?  Pop Century!   I’d never seen Pop in person, so we took a quick turn and headed for their restaurants.  We had a surprisingly good lunch (chicken with broccoli – Asian style), parted ways with Ruth, and headed back to the Villa for a relaxing afternoon/evening. 

Saturday, we set the alarm for super early (2:17 a.m.) with hopes of leaving the Villa by 2:45.  Yes, you read that correctly.  Race plans recommend leaving extra time since some of the roads are closed and there tends to be a back up in traffic.  And, we had to be in our corrals by 5 a.m., which meant.. oy, so yeah, we were at the EPCOT parking lot by 3 a.m.

We met up with the WDW Radio Running Team before the race for introductions and took some pictures, then headed to our corrals.  We didn’t actually start running until nearly 6 a.m. 
I stopped for a few pictures...

The race was AMAZING.  Again, full recap later.   
After the race, when we finally got home (parking Hell), we showered and headed to Celebration for lunch.  I love Celebration.  Just f.y.i.

Later that night, Adam decided it was time for one of his monthly stomach viruses, so we spent the evening/early morning hours at Celebration Hospital.  And, just so you know – if you’re dying, this isn’t the place to go.  You’d be better driving a little further to a hospital with an actual E.R. than spending the evening here.  The head nurse was nice, but they weren’t attentive and took way too long in between what should have been quick steps.

Which left Sunday to relax at home instead of our planned Magic Kingdom/EPCOT day with reservations at both the Harmony Barber Shop and Le Cellier. 

But, you’d be amazed.  We accomplished BOTH on Monday.  Yup.  Out of curiousity, I decided to ask at Le Cellier about eating dinner there around 4:45 p.m. and by 5, we had a table.  AMAZING.

Tuesday and Wednesday were both standard park days.  We hit all 4 parks in those 2 days followed by 2 more dinners – Kouzzina by Cat Cora at the Boardwalk and Paradiso 37 at Downtown Disney.  It was a pretty jam-packed trip and didn’t go quite as planned, but it was still a fantastic trip.

Check back tomorrow for more details from our trip!!
Thanks for stopping by,

1 comment: