I was asked on Twitter this morning what attractions are not to be missed with a 16 month old. I originally thought about tweeting back, but with 140 characters or less, I knew I needed more room!
So, here is a quick oversight of our favorites from around that age (18 months):
- Fantasyland - A very anxious child may find Snow White's Scary Adventure a bit scary, but in our experience, 16 months was more about seeing than understanding - we didn't have much fear then! We enjoyed every attraction in Fantasyland available to us - favorites were Prince Charming's Royal Carousel and the Mad Tea Party teacups!
- Tomorrowland - Our favorites have been The PeopleMover, Tomorrowland Speedway, and Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters
- Nap/Cool Down - Carousel of Progress (Tomorrowland), Hall of Presidents (Liberty Square), or the Baby Care Center located next to the Crystal Palace
- Main Street- Main Street Vehicles are a personal favorite and our son loves the train! And, there's a great place for a 1st (or any) haircut if you're in need!
- The Seas with Nemo and Friends
- Journey into Imagination with Figment
- Need to cool down? Bring a swim diaper or a change of clothes - there is a great splash pad in Future World!
- Germany Pavilion - the model train set can be a great place to relax and enjoy the trains - as long as they're working!
- Rafiki's Planet Watch - take a nice train ride to the Conservation Station to get up close and personal with animals, characters, and more!
- Dinoland, U.S.A. - Noah loved the Dinosaur version of Dumbo - the Triceratops Spin!
- Kilimanjaro Safari and the walking paths are great to watch the animals and enjoy the atmosphere of this park!
- Toy Story Midway Mania - at 6 months, this ride was too intense for Noah, but by 2 he's grown to love it. If you're child doesn't like quick and jerky movements, this may be a problem, but hopefully they'll enjoy taking in the fun games!
- Disney Junior, Live on Stage! If your child knows the shows and characters on Disney Junior, this show is a great opportunity to catch them up close and join in on the fun - make sure to check times and plan around! We always seem to be 3 minutes late for a show!
Hope this list has been helpful and given you a great place to start! Many more attractions are child friendly, but this is a list of the ones we've had the most success with over our past 4 trips! For a list of Places to Play and burn off energy, click here!