I have several "woahs" for my next Walt Disney World vacation.
#1 - It's over 300 days away! With baby #2 due in less than 6 weeks, we're not going to take a 2nd trip this year!
#2 - The real question: Where to stay!
For the past 2 Marathon Weekends, we have happily stayed in a beautiful and roomy (3 bedroom/3 bath w/ private pool) villa off property, located ridiculously close to WDW. We rent our own car and don't step into the parks (other than for running) until the Sunday after the races, even though we arrive on Thursday.
And, for under $100 a night (yes, less than $100 a night for our own bedroom, bathroom, and full kitchen), it's been hard to even think of another option.
We travel with our son - next January with our 2 sons and meet my parents there - so we need room for 4 adults and 2 babies. PLUS - we can't really share a room with the boys when we have to be up and out at 3 am for the race! My parents aren't the quietest of people, so having them share a room isn't really an option either.
But - this time, we're thinking we'll stay less than a week - which adds fees to staying in a villa. And, we'd love to just do Magical Express and avoid traveling with 2 car seats.
As I see it, our options are:
- Rent DVC points for a 2 bedroom (possibly switching to 1 bedroom after parents leave)
- Rent a 1 bedroom and a studio/get extra hotel room for pre-race night
- Book a "Value" Suite plus an extra room for the extra days with my parents
- Book a Shades of Green Suite, though without Magical Express, there is still the difficulty of transporting 2 car-seat mandated kids (and the price is about the same as a value, depending on discounts for both)
- Buy into DVC and use our own points (HA! Well, not going to happen, but worth a dream!)
Renting a 2 bedroom at $12 per point at AKL is $1620 for the 5 nights - not terrible!
OR My dream resort - the Boardwalk 2 bedroom would be $1920.. not too shabby. And, being closer to parks, it's a more convenient location.
Renting a suite would be approx $1250 (I've heard they run about $250 per night), but then we'd have to add a 2nd room for a couple of nights - about the same for the Shades of Green
Our best option seems to be renting DVC for a 2 bedroom. But, my question is - Which option would you choose? (if you have other options, I'd love to hear them!!)