Since my last trip to Walt Disney World in January 2012, there have been so many changes at Walt Disney World. I've tried to steer clear of too many pictures, because I am excited to see things first hand, but I've had to make a list of all the new attractions, restaurants, and treats that I will be able to experience. So many, I've made a list of only some of the new things I'll get to experience in February!
- Be Our Guest Restaurant - in Fantasyland, in one of the TWO new castles, is what many are saying is the best sit-down (and counter service if you're going at lunch) restaurant in The Magic Kingdom. We have dinner reservations for our final night. I can't wait!
- Gaston's Tavern - continuing with the Beauty and the Beast area, Gaston's Tavern may not have snacks I'm looking forward to (the pork shank has been compared more than once to the Turkey Leg. Not my thing), but I've heard raves about interactions with Gaston!
- Storybook Circus - Though Storybook Circus has been open for several months longer than New Fantasyland, I have yet to see the Dueling Dumbo's, the new Dumbo queue/playground, and all of the details that have been implemented in Storybook Circus. I'll make sure to take an insane amount of pictures!
- Updated Test Track - Test Track was never my top attraction at Epcot, but I'm very curious to experience the updated version. Plus, I'm hopeful that my 3 year old will make the 40" mark (with his shoes on) and get to ride. I'm pretty sure he'll love it!
- Art of Animation Resort - I had originally thought about staying here, but after we rented DVC points, we decided that we'll just tour the grounds and save our stay for a shorter trip!
- Characters in Flight- I've wanted to fly on the tethered hot air balloon at Downtown Disney for years. Now, thanks to Groupon, I will be going on it, weather permitting! Plus, since last January, it's a brand new balloon!
- New Bakery - Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie - Now open in the France Pavilion at Epcot, this expanded bakery looks just as tasty as the old Patisserie, but with more options and room!
- Sofia the First - The first princess to capture the heart of my little boy, Sofia is being added to Disney Junior Live on Stage at Hollywood Studios. I'm not exactly sure when we'll make it to DHS - it's not a must-do park for us - but for no other reason than this show, we'll definitely be hopping over.
- The Tipsy Duck - I love iced coffee, and the China Pavilion at Epcot has added bourbon to iced coffee - apparently, this is a Hong Kong drink - definitely not something I saw in China, but it sounds delicious and I've wanted to try one since I read about it on The Disney Food Blog.
- Zebras! - in 2012, the "plot" at the end of the Kilimanjaro Safari was taken out. No more poachers, no more animatronic elephant. Instead, there are zebras!! I'll be excited to see them roaming around during our safari!
What's on your list?