This week is a crazy week for me - being in the military in D.C., Monday and Tuesday this week are dedicated to the Presidential Inauguration. As I type this on Sunday night, I'm preparing to go to bed around 7 p.m. being that I have to leave for work around 3 a.m. So, the president is on my mind!
You probably know that President Obama visited Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom to give a speech in January of 2012. But...
|Luckily, politics don't exist in my Magic Kingdom!|
Did you know:
With the exception of Lyndon B. Johnson (who died in 1973), all presidents since Truman have visited a Disney resort at some point in time in their life. 7 have even visited during their term of office. Truman refused to ride Dumbo, as he didn't want to be seen riding on an elephant. True story.
- Jimmy Carter visited the Magic Kingdo during his term in 1978
- Ronald Reagan visited EPCOT Center during his term in 1983/85
- Prior to his political career, he co-hosted the opening day telecast of Disneyland in 1955!
- George H.W. Bush (Sr) EPCOT Center visited during his term in 1990 and 1991
Outside of the parks,
- Richard Nixon held a conference at Disney's Contemporary Resort in 1973
- His famous "I am not a crook" speech was delivered here in front of the press
- George W. Bush visited the Grand Floridian in 2003 and the Contemporary in 2006
- Bill Clinton visited the Disney Institute in 1996
Two great sources of information for this post: