Packing for a road trip or flight with little ones..can be tricky. Keeping them entertained, making sure they have plenty to do, wear, eat. They need toys to play with, blankets for soothing, food for snacking - they need a lot to make the trip as easy and comfortable as possible.
Whether we travel by air or car, there are a few major must haves - while it is easier to pack more for a car trip, sometimes the car trips take longer/allow for fewer potty breaks, so have their own issues!
- Bottles/formula/milk/water/sippy cups - even the TSA makes exceptions for traveling babies!
- Snacks - my favorites are Go-Go Squeez or anything in my Refillable Yummi Pouches, goldfish (which fit perfectly in my reusable bags), cheerios, and a few 'special' treats like gummies for when we really need a distraction
- Wipes (for kids in diapers OR out of diapers - always good to have something to clean up a mess)
- Tissues/boogy wipes
- Change of clothes (more than 1 if newly potty trained)
- Bibs (if used)
- Medicine/Pain Reliever
- Hand/Surface sanitizer
- Baby Carrier - a must in the airport for small ones!
- Movies - tablet/dvd player/headphones... if they're old enough, it's a lifesaver!
- Books - touch and feel/search and find/lift the flap - always big hits
- Coloring books - We love color wonder
- Toys - for young ones, lights and sounds are great. For bigger ones, choose new/exciting versions of their favorites! A new $.99 matchbox car goes a long way on a trip!
- Comfort animals/blankets - a new plush or an old favorite. Or maybe a favorite blanket, pacifiers (extra if you're going that route)
Make the trip special!
Road trips can be long/boring/redundant! I might be planning one in the next few months, which means I will be scouring Pinterest for ideas on games/treats (i.e. every state line do X, every hour do Z, etc...)
What are your travel must-haves? Share them here or on facebook!