I haven't been to a non-Disney park in Orlando for 10 years. I know there are tons of option, but I haven't made the trip across town.
As I continue my travel agent training (I'm certified for Universal, Sea World, Legoland, Busch Gardens, all of their water parks, etc...), my curiosity is growing to visit the other parks!
When we fly directly into Orlando, we often rely on Disney transportation - it's excellent, free, and doesn't require car seats!
Read more about Disney's Magical Express Here
What if I want to Visit Another Park?
- Rent a Car for the day
- There are several places around Disney property to do that!
- Read all about how and where on MouseSavers.com
- Use MEARS Transportation - car service and airport transfer
- Reserve a car (sedan/suv/van) and have a flat rate for the cost of the transfer. This runs about $65 each way and can pick you up at your resort or a park to take you where you want to go!
- Visit the MEARS site for exact pricing or to reserve car service.
- Hail a cab!
- According to TaxiFareFinder, it's approximately $29 to get from Downtown Disney to Universal Studios
- Additional fees may be incurred with extra people - call ahead to make sure they have a car seat if necessary (even in a taxi, it's the law!)
- Legoland has bus transfers from the Orlando Outlets to the Legoland park in Winter Haven, FL
- Busch Gardens has Orlando to Tamp transportation included with specific packages
Consider switching resorts!
- If you want to do 3 days at Walt Disney World and 2 at Universal Studios (or Sea World/etc...), consider switching resorts
- Universal and select Sea World resorts have "front of the line access" for resort guests
- Being close to the parks you're visiting makes for a more pleasant vacation!
Want help planning your vacation? Request a no-obligation quote!