Welcome to the first stop aboard Magical Blogorail Blue. Enjoy the ride as we share what to do when the Disney parks are SUPER crowded!
Being November - and with my own personal Walt Disney World Vacation coinciding with Thanksgiving holiday (and crowded parks), I realized we should discuss the best tips for managing the biggest of big crowds.
Even on average crowd days, old-style paper fast passes are running out in the morning, often by 10 or 11 a..m., so our old style plans of playing the day by ear and picking up fastpasses throughout the day may not work as did in the past!
- Take Advantage of Fast Pass Plus
- In what I've read and heard, I'm still not convinced this is a great idea, BUT, I'm a blogger, travel agent, yogi, mom, wife, musician - but not an Imagineer. With that said:
- Fast Pass Plus allows you to book your Fast Passes before you enter the parks. Do this!!
- Create a Touring Plan
- TouringPlans.com - which I am an affiliate with, yes, but also a subscriber and follower!
- Their personalized plans allow you to enter your Fast Pass+ and guides you around the park as best as possible keeping those in mind
- Take Advantage of Rope Drop
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to park entrance, whether you are using the Extra Magic Hours or otherwise
- Often, in peak crowds, the parks open before posted time, allowing you to do more in the first hour or so than in the rest of the day!
- Change your Expectations
- Don't expect to do or see everything in one day. With the addition of fast pass plus, I have NO idea how wait times will change - no one seems to really know. However, expect that wait times might be longer and there will be less fast passes to go around.
- Enjoy a slow day and take in the ambiance that Disney surrounds you with.
- Spend time really touring the World Showcase
- Enjoy the queues - so many are filled with hidden and not so hidden treasures for you to discover and explore
- Bring Entertainment
- I don't mean simply bringing ipads/tablets/phones/etc... though, those may come in handy
- There are amazing books out there to help you pass waiting time -
Thank you for joining me today. Your next stop on the Magical Blogorail Loop is I Am a Disney Nerd.
Here is the map of our Magical Blogorail should you happen to have to make a stop along the way and want to reboard:
**1st Stop ~ Disney Babies Blog** You Are Here
2nd Stop ~ I Am a Disney Nerd
3rd Stop ~ Ideally Disney
Final Stop ~ Cooking with Mickey