Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
The African-themed Deluxe resort, Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, opened in 2001. The Lodge is two separate buildings - the original, Jambo House, and the Disney Vacation Club (DVC) building, Kidani Village, which opened in 2008.
Located a short distance from Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park, this resort is often considered "far" from the other 3 theme parks, but for me - it has so many positives, we stop there almost ever trip.
Dining at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
AKL has 3 amazing sit down restaurants and 1 very unique counter service restaurant.
- Sanaa - African cooking with Indian flavors
- The only restaurant located at Kidani Village
- Dine with a view of the Sunset Savannah - watch zebras, giraffes, and much more
- With a beloved bread service, butter chicken, and so many more unique and flavorful options, this restaurant is one we stop at on a regular basis
- Located at Jambo House - there is also a bar located near the entrance
- Zebra domes - a fan favorite - is a regular dessert choice on this buffet
- Tons of options including different soups, salads, a carving station, and so much more
- Located at Jambo House, this restaurant also has a private wine/lounge that can be for a more casual wine/pairing meal, or order from the entire menu at the bar
- Food ranging from flatbreads to an oak-grilled Filet, this menu is outstanding
- Great for an intimate date night - there is a kids menu, but I wouldn't bring mine here!
- Located at Jambo House
- Not just standard burgers- The Mara offer flatbreads, soups, zebra domes
I love the food at Animal Kingdom Lodge, but there is much more to see and do!
Enjoy the Savannahs
If you're staying in a savannah view room (at a premium price), you can wake up and watch in the morning, but even if you're just visiting the resort, you have plenty of ways to watch!
- Take a walk out on the patio while you're waiting for a dining reservation, or just having a tour of the resort
- Visit Jambo House at night, follow the walkway past the pool and find the night vision goggles - offered free to check out the animals at night
- Enjoy the other free activities the resort has to offer - we enjoyed roasting marshmallows!
Another perk that we love - especially when waiting for a dining reservation - is the great playground!
If you are staying at this beautiful resort, make sure to pick up a daily activities guide to find out when you can tour the resort, tour the kitchens, catch a movie, or join in a pool party!
Interested in a quote of this beautiful resort? Email me JennL@thewdwguru.com for a no-obligation price quote and receive all the perks that come with booking with Guru Travel!