People always ask me when they should visit the parks - there is always a reason to skip, postpone, or avoid, but I'm here to help clear up some of the confusion and help you plan the best possible trip!
Enjoy the Parks Skip the Crowds
General Rules for Lower Crowds:
- If the kids are in school, the parks are less crowded
- Avoid major holidays
- Spring break fluctuates around the country, but you may not have one of the popular breaks
- Check Disney's calender for major events - i.e. Star Wars Weekend, Food and Wine, runDisney events, etc...
Daily Rule to Avoid Crowds:
- Start early - don't sleep in!
- Take midday breaks - leave the parks when the majority of people are there
- Avoid parks that have special events occuring
- Head to the Magic Kingdom during the day if there is a hard ticket event that night
Cheat - Use tools that MANY won't:
- Use a Disney-specialized Travel Agent - as my agency is new and not yet EarMarked, I won't use that as the status to find (plus, my first TA experience was with an "earMarked" agency that was NOT a pleasant experience), but someone you can trust and have good recommendations or develop a relationship with (hello, lovely blog readers)
- Invest in a subscription to TouringPlans.com (I use and recommend this tool, but by clicking through that link I make a very small percent if you purchase)
- Touring Plans has an amazing 365 Day Crowd Calender - based on ridiculous statistical research
- TP always gives park recommendations based on crowd levels - makes touring a breeze!
- TP has endless varieties of Touring Plans - literally a step-by-step guide to the parks to get the most out of your day without spending it all in linen!
Want more information or free travel planning help? Email me JennL@TheWDWGuru.com for free quotes, itinerary planning, and more!